Which internet browser do you use on your Apple MacBook other than the integrated Apple’s Safari web browser? If it is Firefox, now you won’t be complaining any more of those fuzzy images and hard to read texts on Retina featured displays. Mozila, the developers of the Firefox browser, comes up with an update yesterday.
This update has come in the latest version of the Firefox, namely Version 18. With this update now this web browser will be supporting Retina displays also and you will be able to experience the real benefit of your Apple’s ultra-modern display technology while using even internet.
It is important to note that almost all popular web browsers like Safari, Google Chrome, and Opera had already updated their applications to feature Retina support, only Firefox was lagging behind in the race. So, if you prefer using Firefox on your Retina powered Macbook, get ahead the download the lasted version to experience the real difference.
Besides adding the Retina support, Firefox 18 includes several others updates. I will list them here for your reference:
- Preliminary support for WebRTC
- You will now be able to experience better image quality with the new HTML scaling algorithm of Firefox
- Bug fixing and performance improvements around tab switching
- Noticeable improvement in start-up time through smart handling of signed extension certificates
- Support for W3C touch events implemented, taking the place of MozTouch events
- Disable insecure content loading on HTTPS pages
- Improved responsiveness for users on proxies
All set to get ahead? You can download the latest version Firefox from the official Mozilla website. If you are already using this browser on your MacBook Pro, try updating it to the latest version. To do this you can go to the Menu Bar and select Help. Once in the dropdown menu, click on About option. It will open a small window on the screen. You can check the version of your Firefox here itself. If this process does not seem to work. Get ahead and uninstall the already installed version of the application, download the latest version and do a clean install to experience Firefox 18 that features Retina support.