One of the most common problems that laptop users face with their laptop after some time is a laptop overheating & base of the laptop excessively heating up. Overheating is one of the most common reason for laptop freezing and overheating and can damage sensitive electronic components thereby reducing the life of your laptop. Ignoring a problem with an overheating laptop invites more significant problems.
Do you have heating problem with your Laptop? Is your laptop heating up excessively from the bottom? Well relax: you have reached one of the best places for laptop repairs. We are specialized in laptop repair our technicians are well trained to repair modern laptops as well as old models.
For heat sink cleaning or CPU fan replacement we need to take your laptop to the LAB and it’s hard to fix onsite because we need to disassemble the laptop for repair which requires antistatic environment and appropriate tools.
We will pick your laptop and after repair deliver that back as per your convenience.
Symptoms of laptop overheating
- Laptop’s bottom case heating up excessively.
- Laptop turns off automatically.
- You can see Blue screen of death due to overheating.
- Laptop getting slow & freezing after some time.
Cause of Laptop Overheating
Every laptop or desktop equipped with a central processing unit which act as brain as simple as human brain, processor needs to be cool every time as human brain because if your mind is not cool you will make wrong decisions or you feel frustrated. same thing happens with the laptops when processor heats-up it starts freezing, slow processing etc.
To make the processor cool Heat sink and fan placed in the laptop, heat sink absorbs heat and fan makes the heat sink cool by thronging air from it, this is the same technology which used in air conditioners.
In case of air conditioners heating coil absorb heat and fan on the back make it cool by passing cold air from heating coil that’s why air conditioners threw hot air from the back. In case of air conditioner cooling coil needs to be clean every year.
Main cause for laptop overheating is heat sink choking, normally fan sucks air from the bottom and by passing it trough the heat sink threw the hot air from the back. While sucking air from the bottom it sucks dust partials as well which results heat sink chocking and due to cloaking air can’t pass from the heat sink which results heat sink not cooling down which cause laptop overheating.
Second main cause for overheating is faulty fan, if fan is faulty then obviously it can’t make heat sink cool which results laptop overheating.
Other Causes for Laptop Overheating
- Blocked air vents or heat sink blocking.
- Faulty CPU Fan or blocked CPU fan.
- Software designed to perform cooling operations not working properly.
- Virus can cause for overheating.
How to avoid laptop overheating
- Always place your laptop on a hard surface.
- Avoid to placing your laptop on blankets, matt’s or other soft surfaces they produce bubbles that can block vents.
- Turn off your computer or place it into hibernation before placing it into a laptop bag to avoid overheating.
- Avoid using your laptop in dusty areas.